[e2e] about those "suspicious header" messages
touch at ISI.EDU
Fri Oct 18 13:07:19 PDT 2002
Some of you may be receiving messages such as follow:
> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> The reason it is being held:
> Message has a suspicious header
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.
1) the "suspicious header" is a tag inserted by spam-filtering software
- it isn't the header you posted with
2) the filter is optimized for false positives
- many useful posts are held for approval
- the filters are constantly being tuned,
with the goal of reducing delays to legitimate posts
3) there are many reasons some posts are held and NOT approved
- see our website for information
- calls-for-papers, calls-for-participation,
etc. MUST be approved _in advance_.
- some other posts, such as job posts, commercial
announcements, etc. are not appropriate
4) what are the filters, and which filter did a particular message trip?
The filter details are private, and
will not be released.
I hope that's useful.
More information about the end2end-interest