[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue Apr 1 11:12:07 PST 2003

Ah, most excellent Cannara - I'd be interested in some quantitative
evidence for your assertion that the Internet runs almost exclusively on
well-groomed Telco lines.  Almost all of the Internet traffic I experience
runs over LANs on part of its journey, just as most of the Internet exists
close to the edge.   I personally suspect that most end-to-end traffic will
be carried via RF and optical photons in a few years, copper will be used
exclusively for power distribution, and fiber will be viewed as an
optimization relevant to the minority of communications that need never be
mobile.