[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 2 10:02:02 PST 2003

Cynical Bob?  How can that be, when I'm smiling while both reading and
responding on E2E?  But, as one of the millions who subsidized the building of
the Internet and its current problems, I feel we all have the plain right of
open discussion and presentation of opinions, as long as we're not personally
vindictive or insulting to anyone.  Insulting a protocol suite, or some code,
is, in fact, simply impossible.  If facts concerning actual behaviors of
developers, networks and protocols strike you as cynical, or bothersome, why
have a discussion list at all?

As an engineer, teacher, even PhD, myself, I feel we all have an obligation to
those coming up in any discipline to discuss the facts, whether colorfully
historical, or numbingly technical, so folks might have a wider set of options
to think on and perhaps make fewer mistakes than we have.

Alex