[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 05:43:19 PDT 2003

OK, I'm not Miss Manners for this list or for any part of the
Internet, but I'm not seeing an exact equivalence between

- "people from a different culture and heritage may not be able
to figure out my familiar name from my From: field" and

- "I expect people to parse my e-mail looking for a signature
because I'm not expecting to be addressed by the text part of my
From: field".

If an Asian IETF participant addressed me as "Dawkins", that
would be OK with me...

Spencer