[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Ping Pan pingpan at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 24 19:44:24 PDT 2003

David,

Very interesting story. Actually, I have been wondering something similar
lately. (Sorry about out of topic.) For years, we have been building bigger
and bigger IP backbones with all sort of goodies. The latest one is MPLS.
But when we look at the deployment speed, the installation base, and the
people who have the money to build networks, I often wonder: why do they
want all these goodies in the first place? when will they be able to fully
understand the usefulness of these goodies beyond the marketing hype?

Maybe we all need some reality checks once in a while. :-)

2 cents,

- Ping