[e2e] Nature mag, DARPA, and the Internet

Vernon Schryver vjs at calcite.rhyolite.com
Sat Aug 9 07:24:23 PDT 2003

> From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc at ginger.lcs.mit.edu>
> To: cannara at attglobal.net, end2end-interest at postel.org

> Sheesh. Talk about the illerati not knowing our history - it seems like a lot
> of *us* don't know our own history.

Who is this "*us*" you're talking about?  Contributors to this mailing
list as to the trade rags are not required to have technical clues or
techical common sense.  Why should history differ?  For example, one
contributor has for years bemoaned the great mistake made in TCP of
counting bytes instead of records as in x.25 and as far as I can tell
never did understand the TCP window.

Vernon Schryver    vjs at rhyolite.com