[e2e] We do need anti-spam mechanism for e2e

Mark Boolootian booloo at ucsc.edu
Sun Dec 28 09:29:55 PST 2003

> I have received several private replies to this message. It turns out
> the reason I see so little spam is because my local spam filters do a
> good job of filtering it out.

My initial comment related to the list archives.  Have you taken a look
at those lately?  The archives of the mailing list form the historical
record from which many draw.  I'll hazard a guess that if postings were
limited to subscriber-only, those archives would be very nearly free of
spam.  I'll try not to whine further.