[e2e] RFI: Microsoft accused of TCP standards violation

Neil Carpenter primate at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 6 17:49:18 PST 2003

<..snip...>

> Initially we thought it might be a bug in Netscape. Now
> seems that it was *designed* to compete Microsoft's IE
> with Microsoft's IIS.

Can you back up that assertion with references or is that simply more
disinformation?

This thread started with a significant piece of disinformation (there is
nothing in 'violation' of RFC's by sending data on a half-open connection,
nor is there any presentable evidence that IIS responds to these).  Let's
stick to the realm of the reasonable rather than making more unsupportable
assertions.

Neil

All opinions presented are my own and not those of my employer.