[e2e] Research testbeds: Report to NSF

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 01:14:40 PST 2003

In message <200301142100.h0EL0iM23380 at localhost.localdomain>, "The Purple Strea
k, Hilarie Orman" typed:

 >>Wouldn't it be simpler (and in the spirit of the report) to simulate Europe?

Hilarie

you don't understand - the USA is a simulation of early europe. the
problem is that it hasn't run long enough to catch up with real time -
hence we need a faster simulator - China was working ok until the long
marches, then due to some linear congruential filter bugs, it went out
of spec.....

Brazil is working quite well, except there's a bug in the tree code
somewhere and we're having to hack that out and start again...

 cheers

   jon