[e2e] TCP ESTATS design team

Matt Mathis mathis at psc.edu
Tue Jan 21 12:32:16 PST 2003

We are in the process of assembling a design team to update the TCP extended
statistics MIB, draft-ietf-tsvwg-tcp-mib-extension-02.txt.    If you would like
to help with this effort please send a note to Peter O'Neil or me.

The extended statistics MIB will endow TCP with substantial diagnostic
capabilities.

We will have a new draft for review by the TSVWG in time for the ID cutoff.
This draft will incorporate the detailed per connection statistics from the
web100 project and the good transport work that was done by the IPv6 team and
later determined to be out of scope.

The IPv6 team is finishing up an update to rfc2012.  Our document will be an
extension to it.

(Sorry about the duplicates.  After I sent the first announcement to the TSVWG
and IPv6MIB lists, several people pointed out additional groups of potentially
interested people.)

Thanks,
--MM--
Matt Mathis      http://www.psc.edu/~mathis
Work:412.268.3319    Home/Cell:412.654.7529