[e2e] Random losses on very high speed networks

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Tue Jul 22 14:47:10 PDT 2003

Lloyd, I actually meant point-point links, which is what most microwave and
infrared ones are intended to be, and which fibers are.  You're right in
making losses due to multipath reflections one source of possible error.  In
fact, my use of "path" is here at the physical level, since that's where Saad
is going to be getting his fatal pkt errors.

I agree with you that "bandwidth" is largely misused in the networking and CS
community -- anyone who takes a networking class and still misuses  bandwidth
for capacity (at any layer) shoulda flunked.  :]

Alex