[e2e] Random losses on very high speed networks

Agthorr agthorr at barsoom.org
Wed Jul 23 13:42:39 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 07:15:41PM -0700, Cannara wrote:
> I don't believe anyone was whining Constantine.  It's simply that
> bandwidth is the wrong word to use in English for data rate,
> capacity, etc.  It remains wrong no matter who uses, or used it, and
> for how long.

Untrue.  Languages evolve over time.

In fact, if you look in a modern dictionary, you will find that
capacity is, in fact, a valid usage of "bandwidth".

It can be frustrating when people misuse a term, but if the term is
misused long enough be enough people, then one must come to accept it.

-- Dan Stutzbach
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=bandwidth