[e2e] Is a control theoretic approach sound?

John T. Wen wen at cat.rpi.edu
Thu Jul 31 07:45:13 PDT 2003

Gaurav:

Just one point of clarification, linear system (infinite dimensional or not)
can certainly exhibit periodic solutions, but not limit cycles.  Indeed, in
a linear network simulation, as the delay is lengthened, the solution
becomes more oscillatory (some of the closed loop poles getting closer to
the imaginary axis).

John