[e2e] Is a control theoretic approach sound? (fwd)

Shivkumar Kalyanaraman shivkuma at ecse.rpi.edu
Thu Jul 31 09:50:03 PDT 2003

Vishal,

Sorry - wrong connotation. Once linearized, the methods are not
ad-hoc.

I meant that to get broader non-linear analysis results in more
than single-bottleneck time-delay cases, there are difficulties in
constructing Razumikhin-type Lyapunov functions and Krakovskii-type
infinite-dimensional Lyapunov functionals. The search for these functions
and functionals has been somewhat ad-hoc... my colleague Murat Arcak could
perhaps add more insight on this issue...

best
-Shiv

--
-Shiv