[e2e] CFP: SIGCOMM 2003 posters and student travel awards, Karlsruhe Germany, 25-29 August

SIGCOMM 2003 jpgs at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 13:56:56 PDT 2003

Call for Participation (registration now open)
Call for poster submission
Call for student travel award applications

ACM SIGCOMM 2003 -- A Data Communication Festival
25 - 29 August 2003
Karlsruhe, Germany
www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003

We invite participation in SIGCOMM 2003, which broadens the
traditional scope of the conference in a number of ways. The
conference technical program contains significantly more papers, with
the goal of diversifying the topic set and balancing theory and
practice. Additionally, a wide range of viewpoints is represented in
the position paper session, and a poster session will showcase
work-in-progress with particular emphasis on student research. A set
of workshops and tutorials are interleaved with the technical
conference to encourage participation by all attendees.  Five
workshops are held for the first time, covering networking research
(MoMeTools & NREDS), future architectures (FDNA), network-I/O
convergence (NICELI), and a QoS retrospective (RIPQoS). The highly
successful education workshop (NetEd) returns for a second
year. Tutorials given by renowned experts cover network security and
self-similar traffic.

DEADLINES
     Poster submissions                 8 June 2003
     Student travel award application  13 June 2003
     Hotel registration                24 June 2003
     Early registration                26 July 2003

     Note the *early* hotel registration deadline:
       24 June - 12 July depending on the hotel

FESTIVAL PROGRAM:

SIGCOMM Conference technical program (26, 28-29 Aug)
   2003 SIGCOMM Award keynote address: Dave Cheriton
   Full paper sessions:
     Routing       Denial-of-service      Position papers
     Overlays      Traffic engineering    Measurement
     Forwarding    Queue management       Peer-to-peer
   Poster session
   Social event in Heidelberg with tour of Castle

Workshops (25, 27 Aug)
   MoMeTools Models, Methods & Tools for Reproducible Network Research
   NetEd     Networking Education: How to Educate the Educators
   NREDS     Network Research: Explorations of Dimensions and Scope
   FDNA      Future Directions in Network Architecture
   NICELI    Network-I/O Convergence: Experience, Lessons, Implications
   RIPQoS    Revisiting IP QoS: Why do we care, what have we learned

Tutorials (25, 27 Aug)
   Network Security Protocols: Today and Tomorrow   R. Perlman & C. Kaufmann
   10 Years of Self-Similar Traffic Research        J. Doyle &  W. Willinger

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

General Conference Chairs:
     Anja Feldmann      <anja at in.tum.de> (TU Munich)
     Martina Zitterbart <zit at tm.uka.de>  (University of Karlsruhe)

Conference Coordinator:
     Chris Edmondson-Yurkanan <chris at cs.utexas.edu>  (University of Texas)

Program Chairs:
     Jon Crowcroft   <jon.crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk> (University of Cambridge)
     David Wetherall <djw at cs.washington.edu>      (University of Washington)

Publicity Chair:
     James P.G. Sterbenz <jpgs at acm.org> (BBN Technologies)

Tutorial Chair:
     Burkhard Stiller <stiller at informatik.unibw-muenchen.de> (UniBw, Munich)

Workshop Chair:
     Craig Partridge  <craig at bbn.com> (BBN Technologies)

Student Travel Grant Chair:
     Dan Rubinstein   <danr at cs.columbia.edu>

Poster Chair:
     Karen Sollins:   <sollins at lcs.mit.edu> (MIT)

Treasurer:
     Thomas Fuhrmann  <fuhrmann at tm.uka.de>         (University of Karlsruhe)

Local Organization:
     Steffen Blödt    <bloedt at tm.uka.de>           (University of Karlsruhe)
     Marcus Schöller  <marcus.schoeller at tm.uka.de> (University of Karlsruhe)
     Robin Sommer     <sommer at in.tum.de>             (Tech. Univ. of Munich)
     Alexander Lüdtke <alex at net.in.tum.de>           (Tech. Univ. of Munich)

We gratefully acknowledge the support of Intel Research, Microsoft Research
Cambridge, NEC Heidelberg, NSF, and HP Labs.