[e2e] TCP un-friendly congestion control

Injong Rhee rhee at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:23:20 PDT 2003

Hi Ibrahim,

Please correct me if I am wrong (I read the previous version of your
SIMD paper -- I haven't read your newer version). I like the paper and
especially, the fact it utilizes history and its t^2 behavior. However,
the protocol seems to target to match TCP throughput under a loss rate p
by adjusting its CC parameters (alpha and beta).  But if it matches TCP
throughput under loss rate p, then I am not sure how it can perform
better than TCP under fast, long distance networks (where it is known
that TCP is not doing well) while being fair (or compatible) to TCP.
Maybe I need to read your paper again. Sorry if I am wrong.

Just curious and lazy...

Injong Rhee
Computer Science Dept
North Carolina State Univ.