[e2e] Dealing with Spurious Retransmits in TCP

Ibrahim Matta matta at cs.bu.edu
Mon Mar 10 09:21:13 PST 2003

Yes, this is the *well-known* problem of coupling
between error control and congestion control
in window-based schemes. Rate-based schemes
naturally decouple the two - see Keshav's textbook
for example.

ibrahim

--
Ibrahim Matta       Dept of Comp Sci, 111 Cummington St, MCS-271
matta at cs.bu.edu     Assistant Prof, Boston Univ., Boston, MA 02215