[e2e] source code release

Fred L. Templin ftemplin at IPRG.nokia.com
Wed Mar 12 03:20:09 PST 2003

Zoltan,

Zoltan Turanyi wrote:

>The result is very different in the two cases. By deploying 6to4+ISATAP
>you end up in the middele of a transition period. By deploying 4+4 you
>finished the transition and extended the address space.

I'm afraid I don't see the difference; more and more, we are seeing the term
"coexistence" rather than "transition" used to describe the relation of
the  v6/v4
mechanisms to the existing Internet. IMO, the notion of a "transition
period" is
fading away coincidentally with the recent closing of the NGTRANS wg.

Fred Templin
ftemplin at iprg.nokia.com