[e2e] p2p & ad hoc wireless economics

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 08:58:58 PST 2003

Since this is an international group forum, and supposedly concerned with
facts, we should all keep in mind that the minority of Iraqis, of whom Saddam
is leader, have killed, maimed & tortured far more Muslims than has anyone
else in modern times.  Add to this the fact that this is old news, reported
for years around the world, and you have to ask what respect anyone deserves
who stands idly by discussing anything other than ridding the Iraqi people of
this leech.

We, the US, created Saddam to fend off Iran.  The Russians, French, Germans,
N. Koreans & Chinese feed his military capacity, even as we speak -- Russian
tanks & guns, French jets & oil development, German bunkers & oil investment,
N. Korean missile help, and Chinese fiber-optic, radar & other help.
Diplomacy is enmeshed with business 'ethics'. around the world.  So,
distasteful and imprecise as it is, miltary action is the choice diplomacy,
driven by individual countries' interests, we're left with.  The Iraqi people
deserved more than they got when we arbitrarily aborted the 91 war at 100
hours (blame Powell & Bush Sr.).  Since then, many countries have made much
money supporting Saddam.  We'd be able to have a nicer discussion now if we
hadn't tried to be so 'diplomatic' in 91 and do just what the UN resolution
then called for.  Now, with a diplomatically impotent UN, there's no choice.
Whether you like Bush Jr. or not (I don't), the diplomacy we're left with is
Mao's: "...power stems from the barrel of a gun".

When this is over, whatever truths come out from Iraqis and others about
Saddam and the US & British war efforts, it will be clear that this war was
directed in ways unlike most all preceding -- founded on concern for Iraqis,
not just us.

Alex