[e2e] p2p & ad hoc wireless economics

Tarik Alj aljtarik at inrs-telecom.uquebec.ca
Mon Mar 24 09:48:25 PST 2003

>Since this is an international group forum, and supposedly concerned with
>facts, we should all keep in mind that the minority of Iraqis, of whom Saddam
>is leader, have killed, maimed & tortured far more Muslims than has anyone
>else in modern times.

With respect, I am not sure this fits the definition of a fact, there are many
other countries
than Iraq where muslims are or have been killed, tortured, etc. Whether Hussein
and his clique hold the record could be discussed for a long time. I doubt it
would qualify as an e2e topic.

 Add to this the fact that this is old news, reported
>for years around the world, and you have to ask what respect anyone deserves
>who stands idly by discussing anything other than ridding the Iraqi people of
>this leech.

>When this is over, whatever truths come out from Iraqis and others about
>Saddam and the US & British war efforts, it will be clear that this war was
>directed in ways unlike most all preceding -- founded on concern for Iraqis,
>not just us.

<sigh>

>Alex
>
>"David P. Reed" wrote:
>>
>> At 09:38 AM 3/23/2003 +0000, Jon Crowcroft wrote:
>> >p.s. one obvious use for more accurate secure location based routing would
be
>> >to help US missiles to avoid targetting or hitting RAF planes.
>>
>> Not firing the missiles in the first place would be an end-to-end solution.
>>
>> The current war is an attempt to implement a policy at the physical layer
>> which can only be defined at the political layer - in terms of
>> relationships among people and societies.
>>
>> In other words, it is like trying to implement QoS by restricting packet
>> flows in the central routers.
>>
>> It rarely works, and usually has disastrous side effects.   Like today's
>> US-brass-denied downing of coalition planes.

-Tarik