[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Injong Rhee rhee at eos.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 31 13:00:46 PST 2003

But in the absence of deployed solutions for link-layer or MAC protocol
(it takes time carriers to update them after they put it so much money
into the current infra), link-level solutions are really out of reach
for application developers.

Another point I want to make is that the servers are typically located
within carrier's managed networks. In this case, the wired line problems
are less likely and most of problems we experience are wireless line
problems. In the case, some e2e can be a good alternative.

Injong