[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Mon Mar 31 18:49:30 PST 2003

Hans,

Your 2nd paragraph points up precisely a criticism of TCP -- it has become a
kludge ever since congestion management was added to prevent flows that
"...can damage the network as a whole, if these flows traverse the internet".
The purpose of a transport is end-to-end, not to manage flow control for the
middle.

Alex