[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Adam Wolisz wolisz at ee.tu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 31 23:56:45 PST 2003

Dave,
your statement is correct AS FOR TODAY!

One of the most promissing directions in wireless communications
goes exactly th eother way!

The wireless communications community is actively considering
schemata, where packets pretty close in the time domain,
would be routed in a dynamic way, acording to the short-term
propagation conditions, via different paths. Probably not 20 ,
but 2-5 are definitely being considered.

This is one of the most promissing way to increase the
capacity, and improve the quality of service.

You are right: We do not have much experience with such
systems so far, we have to elaborate the proper understanding!

Adam