[e2e] High Packet Loss and TCP

Durga Prasad Pandey dpsmiles at turing.acm.org
Thu May 1 15:18:35 PDT 2003

I am looking into the possibility of congestion in a delay tolerant
network(Characterized by high latency, intermittent connectivity, and high
error rates). Since I am new to this area, could I ask for suggestions on
how to approach the task of checking congestion in the network as a whole?
In other words, if we define congestion to occur when the net amount of
data flowing into a network through various nodes is greater than the net
amount of data flowing out, what parametsrs would one use to identify
congestion?
Another question is: Are there some free network simulators available on
the web?

I will appreciate any help.

Durga

--