[e2e] High Packet Loss and TCP

Prof.Anurag Kumar anurag at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Fri May 2 20:30:04 PDT 2003

> Maybe. I believe that the same observation was made more recently on the
> connection between India's academic networks and the Internet.
>
> -- Christian Huitema

Indeed! See our paper

Anurag Kumar, Malati Hegde, S.V.R.Anand, B.N.Bindu, Dinesh Thirumurthy,
and A.A.Kherani, ``Nonintrusive TCP Connection Admission Control for
Bandwidth Management of an Internet Access Link,'' IEEE Communications
Magazine, May 2000

available at http://ece.iisc.ernet.in/~anurag

This work was done in the ERNET project which at one time was the sole
Internet access network in India. We had just 128Kbps and 64Kbps leased
international links to the USA! With the entrance of private ISPs in the
last 5 years there is a lot more international bandwidth now.

Anurag Kumar
Indian Institute of Science