[e2e] packet-pair probe implementation

Richard Carlson RACarlson at anl.gov
Sat May 3 12:51:32 PDT 2003

I have been running a packet-pair algorithm on my Network Diagnostic Tool
(NDT) for a couple of months now.  My initial results show good correlation
with expected results.  I am in the process of comparing my implementation
to Paxson Receiver Side estimator.

The URL http://miranda.ctd.anl.gov:7123 takes you to my publicly accessible
NDT.  Scroll down to find links to other NDT servers and a link to the
source code.

Rich

At 02:36 PM 5/1/03 -0700, Atsuo J. wrote:
>Is the packet-pair probe (bandwidth estimation) technique (introduced by
>Keshav and revised by Paxson) really useful in the realistic network?
>Does anybody test it on the real testbed?
>Also, are there any real implementation/usage of this technique at all?
>
>Your suggestions will be very appreciated.
>
>Atsuo
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/search/mailsig/*http://search.yahoo.com>The New
>Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Richard A. Carlson                              e-mail: RACarlson at anl.gov
Network Research Section                        phone:  (630) 252-7289
Argonne National Laboratory                     fax:    (630) 252-4021
9700 Cass Ave. S.
Argonne,  IL 60439