[e2e] packet-pair probe implementation

Ningning Hu hnn+ at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 5 12:56:58 PDT 2003

We have an available bandwidth measurement tool based on the packet-pair
probing. We call it IGI (Initial Gap Increasing). It actually implements
both IGI (estimating the available bandwidth by first measuring the
background traffic load) and PTR (Packet Transmission Rate, directly
estimating the available bandwidth using the packet train transmission
speed).

More information (including the source code) is available at
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~hnn/igi.

Cheers,
Ningning