[e2e] Link Aggregation

Valentin Ossman valentin at tehutinetworks.com
Wed May 14 06:59:15 PDT 2003

> I expect that you may run into problems with one TCP connection
because
> most routers try to avoid misordering packets of a single microflow.
> Thus,
> even though there may be several interfaces which are part of an
ethernet
> link aggregation, the traffic from a single TCP connection would
probably
> be directed towards only one of those interfaces (for a good
> implementation
> which is trying to avoid misordering).

What if the 2 stations are connected point-to-point and there is no
router between them?
Or, even better, let's suppose that the last router (connected to the
station network) knows about this link aggregation and is distributing
the packets in-order and evenly between the 2 ports to achieve higher
bandwidth.

Valentin