[e2e] Token/slotted access based mechanisms

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Wed Oct 15 10:36:45 PDT 2003

I have this vague recollection that Claudio Topolcic, Winston Edmonds and
Karen Seo had to solve this problem for the wideband satellite network (which
was used for real-time conferencing) in the 1980s.  There was a paper on
it at ACM SIGCOMM 1988 -- don't know if it talked about the slot allocation
scheme.

Thanks!

Craig