[e2e] Question about fast path / slow path and IPv6

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Mon Sep 1 21:24:51 PDT 2003

Vadim, that's too bad, I just mentioned L7, because I've known folks who had
good results with them, and have heard some bad things about some other stack
vendors, whom I didn't mention.  Caveat emptor indeed!

My point is, by the way, that there's no good reason to think any vendor's
stacks work exactly as any other's, with respect to many things, including the
current topic of allocating pkts to fast ot slow path.  These differing code
stes can not just appear across different box vendors, but within them as
well, as for example when Cisco bought a successful switch vendor and
subsequent boxes with Cisco labels worked differently, even incompatibly
together.

Alex