[e2e] TE using IGP metrics

Sireen Habib Malik sireen at et6.tu-harburg.de
Fri Sep 5 05:18:58 PDT 2003

Hi,

TE with non-MPLS methods is possible - it is modelled as an optimization
problem.   One could use any technique (MIP, ILP, etc.) to solve this
problem.  In my personal experience  genetic algorithms  (GA) outperform
classical methods when it comes to efficiency.  One could argue about
the quality of results as GAs are prone to getting stuck in local
optimas and produce sub-optimal results, however, there are ways to
tackle the problem.  Take a  look at the following paper which perhaps
is one of the best i have seen on the subject.

*"A Genetic Algorithm For The Weight Setting Problem In OSPF Routing" *
<http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/context/2068192/526656> M. Ericsson, M. G.
C. Resende, P. M. Pardalos

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/526656.html

regards,