[e2e] TE using IGP metrics

Olivier Bonaventure Bonaventure at info.ucl.ac.be
Sat Sep 6 05:28:34 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 11:56, Zartash Afzal Uzmi wrote:
> I guessed someone will point out to this paper but it seems that not much
> literature is available. I couldn't find any work that is built upon this
> paper that you have referenced.

According to citesee, the INFOCOM2000 paper that proposed to set to IGP
metric for traffic engineering purposes is cited by 40 papers.
See http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/context/1075088/261661

The paper below is a survey paper that appeared recently and most
citations refer to the INFOCOM or the JSAC paper

> Bernard Fortz, Jennifer Rexford, and Mikkel Thorup, "Traffic
> engineering with traditional IP routing protocols," IEEE
> Communication Magazine, October 2002.
> http://www.research.att.com/~jrex/papers/ieeecomm02.long.pdf

For utilizations of such techniques in tools or by ISPs, see :

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/optimal.html
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/arman.html

Olivier Bonaventure

--