[e2e] Re: end2end-interest digest, Vol 1 #762 - 5 msgs

mukul goyal mukul at cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Sep 9 06:27:39 PDT 2003

Hi,

Just wanted to add a little more to this response.

While using the available network models to generate the topologies for
IGP performance analysis simulations, one needs to be careful to select
the models that provide intra-AS topologies (as opposed to inter-AS
topologies).

Some examples (circa 2000) of intra-AS topologies are available on Mapnet
website (www.caida.org/tools/visualization/mapnet)

Regarding the traffic matrix, some insights into the nature of the traffic
matrices is provided in:
A. Feldman, A. Greenberg, C. Lund, N. Reingold, J. Rexford, F. True,
"Deriving traffic demands for operational IP networks: methodology and
experience," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 9(3), June 2001.

Thanks,
Mukul Goyal