[e2e] Open the floodgate

Injong Rhee lxu2 at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Apr 20 07:09:48 PDT 2004

Well..I guess I should take all the blame for this. Certainly
it has opened the floodgate for the press :-).
It is really a pity to see
how press folks put their words into my mouth. I have never got
interviewed by these folks (newsfactor) nor anyone in my group has.

So please take this news
article with a lot of grains of salts. I don't believe that TCP is
obsolete; it is just that as someone pointed out, TCP has problems in
fast long ditance networks. My apology if I offended anybody or left
him/her speechless, but there
is no intention of that. I have a FAQ in my web site. If anyone needs
more clarification than the message below, have a look:

http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/faculty/rhee/export/bitcp/bicfaq.htm

As Mark put it, the time and peer-review will tell... It is an exciting
research area. BIC is clearly in its early stage and needs a lot of
improvement. We always welcome your comments (I don't need any of this
press nonsense).

Injong