[e2e] Open the floodgate

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Apr 21 10:34:08 PDT 2004

  *>
  *>   *>
  *>   *> but in the community that were the True Defenders of the One Faith of
  *>   *> TCP, it became short hand for "Bad Idea" - i think i may be being a bit
  *>   *> of a revisionist, but I dont think One True Fair, or Bad Idea type
  *>   *> discussions help us with moving along. there are pieces of XTP worth
  *>   *> understanding....
  *>   *>
  *>
  *> Well, Jon, while we are talking about history...
  *>
  *> I guess I have to plead guilty to having been a Defender (but probably
  *> not "True") of the TCP/IP faith, but the fact is that the XCP folks

(I meant *XTP* of course... sorry. Thanks, Karen Sollins.  Bob Braden)

  *> were on a jihad against TCP/IP, and it was not possible to hold
  *> meaningful discussions with them.  They, quite a lot more than for the
  *> Internetters, thought they worshiped the One True Faith.
  *>
  *> It is my impression that some of the disappointed supporters of XCP

(ditto)

  *> came back later to boost ATM as the One True Faith, the One Ring to
  *> Rule Them All.
  *>