[e2e] Open the floodgate

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 22 11:41:51 PDT 2004

Sam, maybe you haven't been an engineer, because your example of IC engines is
actually backwards -- they're 20-40% efficient at fuel burning, even the two
old Jags we have!  Horses & oxen are about 2% -- only slightly more if you eat
them, as the Japanese used to do on their western island, when they were too
old (the horses, not the people) to haul logs.  So, if we'd followed your
advice on this side of the pond, anyway, lots more folks would be speaking
German these days.  :]

Alex