[e2e] Open the floodgate

Michael Welzl Michael.Welzl at uibk.ac.at
Fri Apr 23 04:08:52 PDT 2004

Hi,

I like this approach, and I know lots of related papers;
I believe I even saw a draft on something like this recently
(perhaps in tcpm, or tsvwg?). I am very much in favor of
these things.

Still, my question remains: why don't we have these separate
checksums as a TCP option? It strikes me as a rather simple
method for links where erroneous data are actually handed
over, and I believe that it's about time we transferred these
things from the world of research into the IETF.

It's strange that we all know this problem and there are
a billion related papers out there when my TCP/IP stack
still doesn't do anything in this aspect.

I'm cc'ing tcpm.

Cheers,
Michael