[e2e] TCP Performance in Satellite Networks

Craig Partridge craig at bbn.com
Mon Aug 2 12:40:15 PDT 2004

Remind me what RR-TCP and TCP DSACK do mechanically?

Also, increasing dupthresh is inevitably going to increase timeout events.
Even with reordering, sometimes dupe acks do loss and by increasing the
threshold you're going to see more timeouts.

The question is whether by increasing the dupe ack threshold you (a) reduce
the number of spurious retransmissions and thus (b) improve performance
enough that the occasional longer delay for a real retransmission is worth
it.

Craig