[e2e] WRED and QoS

=?gb2312?q?Jing=20Shen?= jshen_cad at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Aug 31 04:16:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

We are trying to implement DiffServ Based e2e QoS
provisioning in our network. Someone recommend that
WRED should be used on each node which is setup to
send traffic according to DSCP/IP_precedence. They
disclame that that is the best solution for current
network. But, as I know WRED will biase normal TCP
flows, while UDP and greedy TCP flows will win in
Bandwidth competition.

I'm trying to find some concrete analysis on impact of
WRED on  e2e QoS in diffserv network. Is there any
work on it?

thanks in advance.

regards

Jing Shen