[e2e] Is this a bug with Windows TCP Stack ?

Goutham S Mohan goutham_s1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 05:49:58 PST 2004

> I got
> someone here at Microsoft to
> run a test which does the following with IIS 6.0:
>
> - client establishes a connection, sends a get
> request
> - server sends a response and closes the connection
> -> Data and FIN go out
> - FIN gets acked.
>  <no RST is seen>
>
> So, I would think there is something specific to the
> setup. If Goutham can
> send the details (and the test application if
> possible), we can take a
> closer look.

I am not allowed to share the application itself, but
will try to send a sample application by tomorrow.
Also now since you say that the server is not sending
the RST, I see another variable in the equation. In my
case, the client runs on HPUX. I have tried the same
with the client on solaris / aix and found the same
behaviour. (ie rst being sent).

Regards,
Goutham S Mohan