[e2e] "PMTUD using options" draft

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 13 19:34:00 PST 2004

And why so hard on dinosaurs?  We've been 'successful' (an arguable term) for
well under 1% of the time they were.  :]

Also, hope no one believes routers are "central-processor" based, in recent
history.  Whether custom devices or standard ones, as from Motorola, Intel,
IBM..., router/switch cores are multiprocessor, multi-interface, multi-
memory-path, lookaside CAMmed little buggers.  There's no network processor
worth its salt now that can't handle full-rate Gb/s packet streams per
interface, some at 10Gb/s, with several such interfaces.

Alex