[e2e] new mailing list policy in effect

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 20 13:31:15 PST 2004

Hi, all,

Regrettably, we have now enabled 'subscriber-only' posting on the
end2end-interest mailing list, at the request of Bob Braden (list owner).

Although the amount of spam on this list has been kept fairly low
(bandwidth and count), the contamination of the list archives, together
with the increasingly common prevalence of this policy on other lists,
has caused us to implement it here.

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR POSTERS:
If you receive a "non member post" reply, please subscribe and repost.
Messages held for non-member post review will be accumulated along with
spam, which means it will not be possible to actively or regularly
review them for content.

If you receive a 'held for post' message and are a member, please
forward the message to end2end-interest-admin at postel.org, and it will be
posted indirectly. Such requests should NOT include attachments or be
otherwise MIME-encoded, and should be brief.

We have taken a snapshot of the user list just before this policy was
enabled, and will keep you informed of any substantial changes.

Joe (list admin)