[e2e] double bland reviewing

Manish Karir karir at isr.umd.edu
Tue May 11 07:58:11 PDT 2004

An alternate solution might be to limit each author to submitting no
more than say 5 papers per year.  Surely this will make people reconsider
both the maturity and the quality of their submissions a bit more
carefully before using one of their submission tokens.
This will in turn greatly reduce load on reviewers.  Even 1
day workshops accepting 10 papers get 200-300 submissions! Given 10 people on
the TPC this is a huge workload and quite possibly the cause for casual
reviews.

Realistically, is it possible for any one person to have accomplished
10-20 papers worth of work in a single year?!

-manish