[e2e] How could I know one RTT estimation techniques better than the other?

Osman Ghazali (FTM) osman at uum.edu.my
Fri May 28 07:40:47 PDT 2004

Hi,
I have two layered multicast protocols (LMPs). The protocols use different
RTT eatimation techniques. I created another LMP exactly the same
as the first LMP but with the second LMP's RTT estimation technique.The
problem I have now is how could I know which RTT estimation is more
appropriate/accurate/better for layered multicast. Is there any metric
for RTT or any way we can evaluate RTT estimation techniques.

Thank you.
Osman