[e2e] Satellite Date Rates

Arjuna Sathiaseelan arjuna at dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 12:53:40 PST 2004

Dear All,
  I would like to know what are the current range of data rates currently
offered by GEO stationary satellites? Is it in the order of Kbps or can
it transfer in Mbps?

I would also like to know, whether there are any papers that have
researched the effects of packet reordering on satellite networks?
Reordering in satellites occurs mainly due to link level retransmissions
and I would like to  know what are the observed reordering rates in a
satellite environment?

I would be very much obliged if someone could clarify my doubts please.

Regards,
Arjuna