[e2e] Satellite Date Rates

Ibrahim Matta matta at cs.bu.edu
Tue Nov 30 07:03:36 PST 2004

> This is analogous to an adaptive FEC, and becomes one, but based on a
> somewhat different theory and loss model, and with a quite different
> optimization goal - to wit, minimizing end-to-end latency and jitter
> given a requirement of reliable, sequenced packet delivery within a
> flow, not maximizing utilization.

FYI, we have looked at adaptive FEC for reliable transfer subject to
delay deadlines (in a different context) at:

Jaehee Yoon, Azer Bestavros, and Ibrahim Matta. SomeCast: A Paradigm for
Real-Time Adaptive Reliable Multicast. In Proceedings of RTAS'2000: The
IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium, Washington, DC,
May 2000.
http://www.cs.bu.edu/fac/matta/Papers/rtas00.pdf

 ibrahim

===
Ibrahim Matta, Associate Professor
Computer Science Department
Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Tel: (617) 358-1062, Fax: (617) 353-6457
matta at cs.bu.edu
http://www.cs.bu.edu/~matta