[e2e] Network level qos support for web services

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Sun Oct 17 22:53:39 PDT 2004

Folks,

These are interesting thoughts, and I agree with them.
However, they don't answer my question at all.

Forgive me for using the word "QoS" and let me rephrase my question:

Are there (applications using, requirements for, ...) web services
out there which have specific network requirements (i.e. have
strict delay bounds, require throughput guarantees... something
like this)?

I'm interested in things from the web services community - I
know that Grid computing is largely based upon web services
these days, and yes, these folks do have their requirements.

Cheers,
Michael