[e2e] Internet path dynamics

Marcel Waldvogel marcel at end2end.l.wanda.ch
Fri Oct 29 16:05:26 PDT 2004

I am looking for data on how frequently the actual routing path changes.
I am aware of studies that infer BGP AS route changes and those that
monitor OSPF messages, but for our work, we would be interested in the
rate of change to the set of routers on an end-to-end path.

As I do not want to flood arbitrary sites with constant traceroutes (see
the "probing and laws" thread) nor limit myself to skewed subsets (such
as PlanetLab), I would appreciate pointers to existing data sets.

-Marcel