[e2e] YNT: A Question on the TCP handoff

Atiquzzaman, Mohammed atiq at ou.edu
Mon Dec 5 11:36:17 PST 2005

> Perhaps this sounds somewhat harsh.
>
> It just reflects my own situation. For about several yeas now I think
> about "interactions between L2 and L4 in mobile wireless networks."
>
> And now, I´m desperately hoping for contradiction for the next
> sentence:
>
> "There are none."

You could check our SIGMA mobility management scheme at http://www.cs.ou.edu/~netlab/sigma.html which uses L2 information to carry out a L4 handoff.  Use of SCTP has also solved many of the cwnd related questions raised earlier in the thread.  We are currently working on implementing SIGMA using TCP.

Thanks
Mohammed Atiquzzaman                      Tel:   (405) 325 8077
Professor, School of Computer Science     Fax:   (405) 325 4044,
University of Oklahoma
200 Felgar St., Room EL-160               Email: atiq at ou.edu
Norman, OK 73019-6151                            atiq at ieee.org
www.cs.ou.edu/~atiq