[e2e] TCP in mobile networks, Questions on RLP

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Dec 11 10:45:37 PST 2005

Hi to all.

After heaving read numerous papers on the desastrous interactions
between TCP and mobile networks like GPRS and UMTS
I eventually want to understand the reasons for them.

Particularly, I want to understand, whether these interactions really
exist or whether they are pure phantasy....;-)

I came out with some questions about the basic design of packet transfer
in mobile networks.
E.g.:
- to me, the RLP frames appear to be chosen quite large,
- is there a strict 1 to 1 relationship between RLP and TBF frames?

In the TCP context, the question is whether there are adverse
interactions which must be dealt with or there aren´t any.

I would appreciate to get in touch with someone involved in this issue.
A pointer to an appropriate list or forum is also appreciated.

Thanks.

Detlef

--
Detlef Bosau